Consultation with pupil with SEND
The SENDCo, Teachers and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions or additional support are allocated to meet individual needs. The children take an active role with setting their outcomes, discussing them with the SENDCo, Teachers and Support Staff.
The school provides data on the levels and types of need to the Local Authority. This is collected through the school census. The children have meetings with staff to discuss their progress and the support that is in place for them. At Cockton Hill Junior School we promote and encourage pupil involvement within this process and ensure that pupil’s and parents voice is heard.
Consultation with parents and carers of pupils with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process. There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parent consultation evenings;
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENDCo;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have
- Home visits or discussions with Nova Talbot the schools Positive Future Worker
- Through reviews of a child’s SEND Support Plan or the Review of their EHC Plan.
- We also use these opportunities to take feedback from parents in areas of school development linked to SEND.
If you would like to discuss your child’s needs in more detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment on 01388 602058 or via email at email@example.com