At Cockton Hill Junior School we expect everyone to wear school uniform. It consists of a colour scheme so as not to prove too expensive. It is as follows:
- Black or grey trousers
- Black or grey skirt or pinafore
- White polo shirt or shirt
- Plain red clip on tie if you so wish- not on sale at school
- Red sweatshirt, pullover or cardigan
- Girls can wear a red and white checked gingham dress in the summer months.
- We require pupils to wear full flat black shoes without logos for school. We do not allow shoes with heels at any time including discos and parties for safety reasons. If your child wears boots or wellies please send school shoes, plimsols or plain slippers for indoor wear. In the summer we do not allow open toed sandals as they are a risk when playing outside and walking up stairs.
- For P.E. children require a drawstring bag containing black shorts, non branded trainers and a white T-Shirt. Please send track suit bottoms and a sweatshirt jumper or jacket and trainers in cold weather. (Please make sure PE kit is in school from Monday to Friday every week)
Items of uniform with the school logo embroidered onto it can be ordered directly from school.
For reasons of health and safety and in line with the Local Authority policy, jewellery is not worn for school with the exception of a small plain ear studs which the child must be able to remove for P.E. unaided. Staff are not permitted to handle earings.
Jewellery not allowed will be held in the headteachers office for safe keeping and returned to parents.School will not be responsible for loss or damage to jewellery in school.